easyJet Launches Apple Pay Integration: Book & Pay For Flights in CHF With a Digital Fingerprintby Fintechnews Switzerland August 25, 2016
Finally a very smart integration of Mobile Payment:
• Book and pay for flights and extras using just your fingerprint
• One of the first European airlines to introduce Apple Pay
• It’s quick and convenient
• Secure with Touch ID
Using Apple Pay passengers booking flights through the airline’s app on selected iOS devices (see deatils below) will be able to process their booking in just a matter of seconds thanks to Apple Pay’s secure quick one-touch payment function.
• Phone requirements: easyJet mobile app iOS version 3.7 and above, iOS 9 and above required
• Card types supported: VISA, MasterCard, American Express
• iOS devices supported: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 3
• Currencies supported: GBP – British Pounds, EUR – Euro, USD – US Dollars, CHF – Swiss Franc
This allows passengers to select the card of their choice and authorise a secure payment via fingerprint recognition on their device.
“We’re delighted that from today we’re one of the first European airlines to introduce Apple Pay. Gone are the days of scrambling around searching for a bank card to book a flight. Checking out on our app is as easy as selecting Apple Pay and placing your finger on Touch ID. Booking flights or adding extras has never been so easy!” – James Millett, easyJet’s Head of Digital
Since the launch of easyJet’s iPhone app in 2011 the app has evolved from easy booking and check-in functionality to include features like passport scanning, live flight tracking, mobile boarding passes and Touch ID. It is also complimented by the easyJet Apple Watch app and real-time airport push notifications for go-to-gate and bag reclaim information.
The easyJet app is available for download now from the App Store.
Featured Image: Genève Aéroport’s Twitter