Do you have Compliance experience in the Swiss financial service industry? Do you have a curiosity about technology/ cryptocurrencies/ blockchain/ ICOs and related legal solutions? Are you keen to work in a dynamic, fast-moving and interdisciplinary start-up? Are you looking to have an impact and effectively build an innovative financial institution? Are you a team player and able to work under pressure and independently?
If this holds true, Sygnum Bank wants you to be part of the team. At Sygnum, the team seeks to set the standard for regulated and fully licensed Digital Asset Banks and welcome the brightest minds to join Sygnum Bank.
- Assess and approve client documentation in the client onboarding process and ongoing monitoring, consistent with applicable KYC and AML regulations.
- Advising on Swiss CDB20, AML and Sanctions requirements both within the team as well to the client-facing staff.
- Execution of the Client Lifecycle Management and Transaction Monitoring efforts of the bank, with an eye for detail and exploring opportunities for improvements.
- Supporting the entire AML team and Sygnum family in compliance & regulatory matters regarding daily business and strategic initiatives.
- Improve the risk framework of the bank by the enhancement and implementation of controls within corresponding policies, directives and guidances.
- Hit the ground running by identifying opportunities for efficiencies and effectiveness of AML-associated processes within the bank.
- Streamline reporting efforts within the compliance team, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Educate and train employees on laws and regulations as well as industry practices and ensure corresponding know-how transfer.
- Champion and ownership of AML solutions adopted within the firm and become a subject matter expert for associated initiatives.
- Degree in law, finance/economics, business management, or a related field
- Experience (5+ years) in Banking as in-house Compliance Officer or an Audit/Consulting firm providing services to Swiss-based regulated financial intermediaries
- Functional knowledge in relevant areas of law and regulations, i.e. Client onboarding, AML/CFT, ABC, sanctions and regulatory matters
- Problem-solving ability and mental flexibility to find pragmatic solutions supporting the Business with innovative products and business concepts
- Goal and result-oriented, able to work with minimal direction and provide hands-on and practicable solutions
- Knowledge of the latest trends in compliance, the FinTech and RegTech industry as well as cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Understanding FATCA and CRS requirements is a plus.
Sygnum Bank is the world’s first regulated Digital Asset Bank and a digital asset specialist with global reach. With Sygnum Bank AG’s Swiss banking licence, as well as Sygnum Pte Ltd’s capital markets services (CMS) licence in Singapore, Sygnum empowers institutional and private qualified investors, corporates, banks and other financial institutions to invest in the digital asset economy with complete trust.