The Fintech Business Development team is part of Visa’s client facing organization. The team is specifically tasked with identifying, contracting, and managing partnerships and initiatives across Fintech segments in the Central European region. The team has both business development and relationship management scope. The culture is highly collaborative in a fast-moving environment.
The Senior Business Development Manager – Fintech will be responsible for strategy and execution driving engagements, partnerships, and market initiatives with the Fintech ecosystem in Central Europe. This position will work closely with the Head of Fintech to drive new partnerships and deliver Visa’s strategy.
In addition, this role will be dedicated to foster collaboration between Fintechs and existing Visa clients enabling clients to differentiate their propositions in the market through partnerships with Fintechs and Visa.
Achieving these objectives will require collaborating with a variety of cross functional Visa teams to deliver the best of Visa, including Products, Commercial and Money Movement Solutions, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Client Services, and Marketing.
- Engage with the Central European Fintech/Embedded Finance ecosystem
- Drive market development through scouting and sourcing of emerging players
- Perform key functions including strategy development, program- and project management to drive Visa Fintech Strategy for Central European markets
- Support key client engagements, including independently owning partnerships
- Drive market research, workshops and client projects on Fintech, Embedded Finance & Innovation
- Deliver an exceptional experience with Visa for partners by understanding their needs and working across the Visa solutions stack
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying partnership opportunities and solution offerings that will position Visa as the market leader
- Absorb new topics and concepts quickly and act as subject matter expert on Fintech for both internal and external forums
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
To be successful in this role, you will need a range of professional and technical skills. The ideal candidate will be a structured, analytical thinker with excellent communication skills and a strong interest in how partnerships and initiatives are developed and delivered. The individual will enjoy variety and collaborating with people, and is thoughtful, curious as well as analytical with a desire to make an impact. Importantly, the role holder is client-centric and oriented around finding solutions to complex problems.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in payments, banking or fintech with a Bachelors Degree or higher
- Strong knowledge of payments and Fintech space
- Knowledge of regional market, competitive landscape and related dynamics
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Skilled at client conversations and can clearly articulate technical solutions
- Track record of implementing strategic partnerships/ initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Ability to coordinate internal and external resources and nurture cross functional relationships, including in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to “ramp-up” quickly, manage multiple workstreams at the same time, and work with sense of urgency
- Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and preferably German)
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.