Swiss Blockchain Federation Launches Blockchain Innovation Programmeby Fintechnews Switzerland March 4, 2021
The Swiss Blockchain Federation has launched the NTN Innovation Booster – Blockchain Nation Switzerland, a four-year program co-funded by Innosuisse, the Swiss Innovation Agency.
The initiative aims to systematically and sustainably drives blockchain innovation in Switzerland, presenting an opportunity to incorporate startups and create new jobs.
One of the goals of this Innovation Booster is to connect larger firms and incumbent blockchain companies with startups and researchers to develop promising prototypes and business models.
Heinz Tännler, President of the Swiss Blockchain Federation and Government Councillor of the Canton of Zug said,
“As a pioneering nation in Blockchain technology, we have a responsibility to embrace a broad range of diversity criteria.
The Swiss Blockchain Federation already looks forward to reviewing the project proposals of many talented women and men from every region of Switzerland.”
Consortium Funded by Innosuisse
The Swiss Blockchain Federation is partnering with five consortium partners from the blockchain industry and academia in implementing the programme:
- The Lucerne School of Computer Science and Information Technology at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Lucerne (HSLU) is the first of its kind at a Swiss university of applied sciences. On its new Zug-Rotkreuz Campus, some 900 Bachelor’s and Master’s students as well as 1,200 participants in continuing and executive education programs benefit from its varied services and programs.
- The Institute of Information Systems and Networking at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) – Department of innovative Technologies – carries out teaching and applied research activities in the information and communication technology domain. It is an ICT research institute with a strong expertise in applied computer science as well as data and network science.
- CV VC AG is an early-stage venture capital investor with a focus on startups that build on Blockchain technology. In addition to the venture capital investments, the company operates an own incubator and ecosystem business under the CV Labs brand, consisting of co-working spaces, advisory and events.
- CV Labs offers startups and entrepreneurs two primary services, the CV Labs Incubator and CV Labs Coworking space.
- Trust Square AG provides a space for innovative ideas to flourish. With disruptive technologies as the common denominator, Trust Square connects entrepreneurs, early-stage ventures, businesses, investors and academics and allows them to pursue their visions in an open, versatile and diverse environment. In 2019, Trust Square organized the biggest Blockchain Hackathon (#SBHACK19) in Switzerland.
Featured image credit: edited from Unsplash